Small Business IT Support In Denver
Your IT infrastructure is essential for the smooth running of your everyday business operations. It is, therefore, necessary for you to provide it with adequate support. This means you need to have a qualified IT team on hand to manage your IT infrastructure.
For many small and medium businesses in Denver, one of the most significant challenges is deciding on IT support and maintaining their IT infrastructure. Due to limited finances, budgeting for IT services has proven a challenge for many small businesses. They are usually torn between hiring an in-house IT department or outsourcing IT support from managed IT services.
Managed IT services are increasingly becoming popular among small businesses. According to Statista, over the next few years, revenue from the managed services is set to grow to more than 300 billion US Dollars.
The Cost of IT Support for Small Businesses in Denver
For businesses thinking about their IT support, the cost is among their top considerations.
Cost of Internal IT Support: The cost of your internal IT support will fall into the following categories
- Hardware: This includes expenses for the purchase and maintenance of devices and storage equipment.
- Software: This involves costs for programs and applications used.
- Personnel: This includes costs for hiring, training, and maintaining an IT department
- Interruptions: This include costs for restoring operations during downtime
For many small businesses in Denver, the cost of maintaining an in-house IT department is too high. They are turning to outsourced IT support to gain a competitive edge against large corporations. Outsourcing also offers a way to strike a balance between cost and performance. According to Sherweb, 75% of SMBs outsource their IT to an MSP during a typical year.
The Cost of Managed IT Support
Managed IT support is deemed cost-effective because you get the right expertise, years of experience in tech, and technology without the hassle of hiring a full-time in-house IT department.
As a business executive, it’s almost impossible to know how much small business IT support in Denver should cost since most managed IT support providers do not provide this information on their websites. When you make calls to different managed service providers, you realize that the pricing is not uniform. Having different pricing structures can be very frustrating as there is no online catalog to choose from or a one-price-fits-all formula. Not having an exact figure also makes it even more challenging to budget for your IT needs.
Managed IT Services Pricing Models: So, what exactly is the cost of managed IT support? The following are standard managed IT services pricing models that you can review as your starting point.
- The Per-User Pricing Model: For the per-user pricing model, a fixed fee is billed monthly per end-user and comprises support for all gadgets used by each end-user. These devices include laptops, office PCs, smartphones, tablets, and any other gadget that the company might use. This is convenient for companies with a tight budget as it allows you to budget for your IT support exactly and makes it easy to forecast for business growth.
- The Per-Device Pricing Model: The per-device pricing template’s premise is to develop a flat rate for every type of gadget supported in the client’s environment. This pricing model’s benefit compared to other managed IT services pricing models is that it simplifies your services’ pricing format. It also makes it easier for potential clients to give quotes and MSPs to demonstrate costs for prospects. It also makes it easier for the IT company to change the monthly service fee as the client adds devices.
- Monitoring-Only Pricing Model: The monitoring-only pricing template provides system monitoring and notification. In this case, multiple different service levels may be adopted. This pricing model may apply to companies that are typically offered services such as; antispam and antivirus updates, backup monitoring, disk optimization, operating system services for a flat monthly fee.
- The All-You-Can-Eat Pricing Model: The all-you-can-eat pricing template is very alterable and comprises remote services, on-site support, and bench and laboratory time for an entire company at a fixed fee monthly. It also provides all-year-round services or support during specific hours or days of the month and bills extra charges for services provided outside these hours. This model’s main aim is to provide the client with the capability to budget for their IT support costs.
- The Tiered Pricing Model: It is the most famous pricing model used by managed service providers. The principle is to build multiple bundled loads of services with each progressively costly service providing more benefits to the client company. The tiered pricing model provides the IT company and your company as the client the flexibility needed to implement a comprehensive managed IT solution.
- The A La Carte Pricing Model: In the a la carte pricing model, the IT company provides services that address its particular needs. These services could include data backup and disaster recovery and patch management. This pricing model gives clients the capacity to choose and pay only for the services they require. It also allows them to construct a customized package of IT solutions for their company.
Regardless of the type of small business IT support in Denver you decide to adopt, your decision should be based on your budgetary allocations and how the IT support will impact your business.
Are You Looking to Outsource Your IT Support?
Initial IT is here to help. With years of expertise and experience in offering IT support to businesses in the Denver Metro Area and the Front Range, we are your trusted IT company. We offer comprehensive small business IT support in Denver that will give your business a competitive edge in your industry.
Consult with us today and let us provide you with cost-effective, customized IT support solutions for your business.
President and CEO of Initial.IT,inc. A computer network consulting firm in Denver providing outsourced IT support and Managed Services for a multitude of industries. Initial.IT has extensive and unique experience supporting clients in the Architectural, Engineering and Construction Industry. We are a Microsoft Certified Partner and employ Microsoft Certified Professionals.