Hiring Managed IT Support Services Vs. Hiring an Internal IT Team
With technology continually advancing, being up-to-date with these advances is crucial for businesses to remain competitive. Every business needs a dedicated team to take care of their IT infrastructure and meet their IT needs. But should you hire an internal team, or should you outsource it?
Hiring an Internal IT Team
This form of IT service only utilizes the IT staff of your company. The company’s IT department is tasked with maintaining and monitoring all the company’s IT infrastructure.
What Are the Benefits of Hiring an Internal IT Team?
- You Have a Team On-site: With an internal team, you always have someone physically on-site to handle repairs.
- You Have Full Control of Your IT infrastructure: Having an internal team enables you to control your data and who does what in the IT department. You also have a team that is completely immersed and understands your business operations.
What Are the Disadvantages of Hiring Internal IT?
- Lack of 24/7 Support: With your internal IT team, you are not guaranteed 24/7 support. Your employees may be sick, take a vacation, and be on leave.
- Limited resources: An in-house IT team is limited to the resources that are provided by the company.
Managed IT Support Services
By consulting managed IT support services, you are partially or entirely delegating your IT department to a third-party organization. Managed IT support services enable companies to meet their IT needs without investing heavily in hiring full-time IT personnel. Companies of all industries and sizes are turning to managed IT services. According to a study, outsourcing’s total IT budget increased from 9.4% in 2018 to 12.7% in 2019.
What Are the Benefits of Managed IT Support Services:
- You Have Access to a High Level of Expertise: Managed IT companies will offer you a team of experts with years of experience. Most IT companies are known to hire a multitude of professionals with different specializations.
- It Is a Cost-Efficient Way of Attaining IT Services: Compared to hiring a full-time IT department and paying their salaries and benefits, managed IT support services is more cost-effective.
- You Gain Access to the Latest Technology: An IT company gives you access to advancing technology at a lower cost, allowing you to remain relevant and competitive in your industry.
- You Get 24/7 Network Monitoring And Support: With a managed IT support provider, you are guaranteed 24/7 support throughout the year. The company will offer a dedicated out-of-working-hours helpline service that ensures you get IT support when you need it, your needs are quickly addressed, and your IT infrastructure stays up and running at all times.
- You Can Quickly Scale Your Company: As your company grows, so do your IT needs. Managed IT support providers offer you the flexibility to switch your products or services to the new ones you need as you scale.
- Your Cybersecurity Is Enhanced: A managed IT support provider continually monitors your systems, conducts risk assessments to identify vulnerabilities, and provides long-lasting security solutions to intercept attacks.
What Are the Disadvantages of Managed IT Support Services? Here are some of the disadvantages of outsourcing
- Lack Of Organizational Knowledge: A managed IT support service provider may not have the passion and understanding of your company and, therefore, not offer the same quality of service to your clients resulting in a negative customer experience.
- Lack Of Onsite Support: Managed service providers are not physically located in your office, so if something needs to be repaired, they would have to dispatch someone to your office.
While both of these choices present numerous benefits to your organization, your company’s IT support will depend on your business’s specific IT needs.
Are You Currently Thinking of Outsourcing Managed IT Support Services?
Initial IT is here to help. With years of expertise and experience in offering IT support to businesses in the Denver Metro Area and the Front Range, we are your trusted IT company. We offer comprehensive IT support solutions that will give your business a competitive edge in your industry.
Call us now at (303) 893-4350 and let us provide you with customized IT support solutions for your business